Visco elastic Memory Foam
The Visco Elastic Form, or the Memory Foam or the queen memory foam mattress, is an artificial substance that adjusts to weight and temperature of a person. It also conforms to body shape. The foam was a creation of NASA that protected the astronauts from extreme forces. Over the years, the design has been improved and new creations such as pillows introduced.
Advantages of Visco Memory Foam
- It is durable and offers longer comfort life
- Offers pressure relief as it contours and takes body shape.
- Offers more resistance to allergens and microorganisms
It is a perfect for people with allergies and sensitivities. It reduces motion transfer making it ideal for who sleep together. Additionally, it minimized disturbances in cases where one sleeping partner is restless.
How the Memory Foam works
The Memory Foam has tiny memory pockets. The pockets react to weight and temperature. Heat and pressures cause the mattress to be malleable allowing the foam to contour the body curves. When the foam cools, the mattress returns to its original shape.
Visco Elastic Memory Foam Design
The mattress foam has various levels of comfort ranging from compact to cloud-like soft. It aims to contour and molds the body curves. It disperses body mass over the entire foam minimizing pressure point for more comfy sleeping.
Disadvantages of Visco Elastic Foam
- It tends to omit gasses and off-gas for up to a month.
- It retains heat because of the chemicals used.
- Visco foams are costly. The cost of manufacturing the mattress is high, and it is passed to the consumer.
- Although they are known to be comfy, they are less supportive. The mattress has thick layers which make the comfy, but they do not offer support because of the inner spring system.
Foam mattresses are ideal for those that prefer pressure point relief, motion isolation, and durability. However, before making any purchase, look out for the chemicals used and foam densities.